Chocolate is one of those comfort foods that can be enjoyed in a number of ways. This recipe is so easy to make and can be frozen and saved for a last minute dessert or just a treat.
Dark chocolate in particular has health benefits for our brain, skin and blood vessels. And the avocado possesses healthy vitamin E along with mono and polyunsaturated fats.
It can be served plain, rolled in unsweetened cocoa powder, coconut, chopped nuts or add some spices, extracts or liqueur and enjoy!
Chocolate Avocado Ganache
Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
5 ounces dark chocolate (at least 60% cacao) chopped fine
1 Ripe Avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- In food processor, mix the chocolate until well ground.
- Add the avocado and form a paste.
- Scoop into individual portions and serve with nuts, fruit or rolled in unsweetened cocoa powder, coconut or as pictured.
- In double boiler, melt chocolate.
- Let cool.
- In food processor, blend avocado and chocolate to form a paste.
|Nutrition Per Tablespoon: 60 calories, 1 grams protein, 5 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams fat, 2 gram saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 mg sodium, 39 mg potassium, 2 grams sugar, 1 gram dietary fiber|